Payment of Rates
Council has decided that the payment of all rates will be in four equal or approximately equal instalments.
Ratepayers are also able to pay their council rates in four approximately equal instalments in accordance with the Local Government Act 1999. The instalment dates are:
- 20 September 2013
- 6 December 2013
- 7 March 2014
- 6 June 2014
A rates notice is issued approximately one month before each of the due dates. Rates may be paid in full at any time.
Rates may be paid:
- via the Council's Credit Card payment facility. Have your Bpay Reference Number handy and your VISA or Mastercard (American Express not accepted) then click pay rates online.
- by post to Council's office;
- Australia Post - in person at any post office, by phone 131 816 or by internet - go to www.postbillpay.com.au;
- by BPAY ie internet or telephone banking, using a debit or credit card, please contact your bank for detail;
- in person, at the Council office during the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
Please note it is the ratepayers' responsibility to ensure that rate payments, including post and BPAY, reach Council by the due date.
Any ratepayer who may, or is likely to, experience difficulty with meeting the standard payment arrangements is invited to contact Ros Jarvis, Rates Officer, on 8862 0800 to discuss alternative payment arrangements. Such enquiries are treated confidentially by the Council.