Aged Care Services
Country Home Advocacy Project Inc Home Assist Service
Home Assist is a partnership between Local Government and other agencies to improve people's security and quality of life within their home. The program provides assistance to the frail elderly people, younger people with disabilities and their carers.
Home Assist can help you with basic short-term assistance including:
Minor Home Maintenance eg cleaning gutters, replacing light bulbs, tap washers, etc.
Information and advice regarding home security and your personal safety.
A range of home support services tailored to your needs eg home help, personal care.
Social support services.
Occasional respite to residents caring for a relative or friend.
Who Can Refer? Anyone! You, a relative, a friend, your doctor, a service provider.
Whom to Contact? Your local CHAP Office, where staff will provide further information.
How Much Will It Cost? Some services require a nominal client contribution and this will be negotiated with you. Services will not be refused because of your inability to pay.
CHAP Staff will:
- provide a confidential service,
- meet with you and listen to your request,
- provide information about the program,
- negotiate with and ensure people who have the appropriate skills and/or qualifications are contracted to provide the agreed service,
- keep you informed,
- follow up with any of your concerns or complaints,
- with your permission, refer to an appropriate agency if your request can be better addressed.
Rights Services will be provided in a way that upholds your rights and acknowledges the rights of others associated with the Project.
For further information please contact:
- Country Home Advocacy Project Inc
16 Wallace Street
BALAKLAVA SA 5461
Phone: 8862 2155
Fax: 8862 2121