WAKEFIELD REGIONAL COUNCIL
2010/2011 CAPITAL WORKS PROGRAM
Council adopted the 2010/11 Capital Works Program and includes:
- Gwy Terrace, Balaklava - from Humphrey Street to May Terrace - 120m - sealed shared pedestrian & cycle path. May Terrace to the High School pedestrian crossing -180m. (subject to successful grant funding).
- Robert Street, Lochiel - from Francis Street to Ellis Street - 150m - seal parking lane to water table on north side & reseal existing.
- North Street, Port Wakefield - from Walter Street to Highway One - 440m - remove inappropriate trees, replace kerb & water table, reconstruct (to reduce width) & seal.
- East Street, Port Wakefield - from Burra Street to and including cul-de-sac - 100m - reseal.
- Christopher Street, Balaklava - from War Memorial Drive to Bruce Drive - 150m - reseal.
- Bruce Drive, Balaklava - from Christopher Street to End - 350m - reseal.
- Boucaut Street, Brinkworth - from William Street to Main Street - 120m - reseal.
- Downer Street, Brinkworth - from William Street to Main Street - 120m - reseal.
- Second Street, Snowtown - from Railway Terrace East to East Terrace - 370m - reseal.
Prior to reseals occurring preliminary works of maintenance repairs and the trimming of street vegetation will be undertaken.
Category 1 Sealed Roads:
- Snowtown-Bumbunga Road - from Highway One to end of seal - 100m - reseal.
- Snowtown-Blyth Road - from Blyth-Balaklava Road to Lochiel- Blyth Road - 3.35km - reseal.
Category 2 Roads:
- Balaklava Long Plains Road - from Goldney Road to Erith Owen Road - 3.1km - reform and resheet (school bus route).
- Saints Whitwarta Road - from Farm Gate to Tillers Road - 2.1km - reform and sheet.
- Barunga Top Road - from Vennings Road to R Michaels - 2.5km - reform and resheet.
- Watchman-Bowillia Road - from Watchman-Standpipe Road heading north - 3.2km - reform and resheet.
- Pinery-Long Plains Road - from Balaklava-Long Plains Road to Council Boundary - 2.3km - reform and resheet (school bus route).
- Snowtown Road - from White Hill Road to Arabar Road - 3.8km - reform and resheet (school bus route).
Category 3 Roads:
- Hoskins Corner-Rocks Road - from Balaklava-Salter Springs Road to Woods-Rocks Road - 1.5km - reform and resheet.
- Woods-Rocks Road - from Hoskins Corner-Rocks Road to Rocks Reserve - 0.4km - reform and resheet.
- Watchman Standpipe Road - from Reinke Road to Kybunga Road South - 3.2km - reform and resheet (school bus route).
- Reinke Road - from Watchman-standpipe Road to Blyth-Balaklava Road - 2.7km - reform and resheet (school bus route).
- Shadwell Gap Road - from Koolyatta Road heading northwest - 2.5km - reform and resheet.
- Hart-Clare Road - from Kangaroo Flat Road to Martins Road - 1.6km - reform and resheet.
- Hart-Clare Road - from Blyth-Brinkworth Road heading west - 1.3km - reform and resheet.
- Yackandanda Road - from Main North Road to James Maitland Road - 1.5km - reform and resheet.
- Stockyard-Barabba Road - from 2200m North of Tank Road to Warnes Boundary Road - 4.3km - install two 300mm stormwater pipes, road re-alignment at rail crossing, reform and resheet.
- Warnes Boundary Road - from 1800m South of Owen-Hamley Bridge Road to Gregorys Boundary Road - 1.6km - reform and resheet.
- Mallee Corner Road - from Brinkworth-Koolunga Road to Provisional School Road - 4.3km - re-align intersection (T - Junction) with Lake View Road, reform and resheet.
- Moulds Road - from Highway One to last house access - 0.7km - reform and resheet.
- Hope Gap Road - from Ireland Road to Damascus Road (various sections) - 3km - reform and resheet.
- Woolshed Road - from Salter Springs Road to Smyth Road - 1.3km - reform and resheet.
- Target Hill Road - from Balaklava-Mallala Road to Woods-Gorys Corner Road - 4.4km - reform and resheet.
- Watchman Exchange Road - from Whitwarta-Watchman Road to Watchman Road - 2km - reform and resheet (school bus route).
- Kybunga Top Road - replace the second bridge south of Blyth-Clare Road.
- Lochiel Cemetery Shelter.
- Various localities within townships - install ten (10) pedestrian ramps.
- Port Wakefield Urban Design Master Plan - Stage 1 Implementation of Signage Strategy and concept plan for River boardwalk.
- Balaklava Urban Design Master Plan - Stage 1 Concept Plan.
- Urban Roads:
New Work 0.89km ($276,588)
Reseals 1.21km ($76,004)
- Rural Roads:
Reseals 3.45km ($164,362)
Resheeting 53.3km ($1,778,192)
- Maintenance for Councils existing infrastructure for sealed and unsealed roads is $1,580,000.