WAKEFIELD REGIONAL COUNCIL
2013/2014 CAPITAL WORKS PROGRAM
Council adopted the 2013/14 Capital Works Program and includes:
Main Street, Brinkworth – from Edgar Street to Belling Street – 340m – reconstruct, install kerb & water table and seal.
Main Street, Brinkworth – from Junction Street to Clare Street – 140m – replace kerb & water table west side and reseal.
Main Street, Brinkworth – from Clare Street to Edgar Street – 210m – reseal.
Wallace Street, Balaklava – Harris Street to Gwy Terrace – 270m – replace 50m kerb and water table, install drainage and reseal.
Malcolm Street, Hamley Bridge – Walter Street to Gawler Street – 440m – reseal.
Hill Street, Hamley Bridge – from Archer Street to Gilbert Street – 370m – reseal.
South Terrace, Hamley Bridge – from Railway Terrace to Malcolm Street – 200m reseal.
North West Terrace, Owen – from Railway Terrace to Fourth Street – 300m – reseal.
Railway Terrace, Owen – from First Street to Main Street – 130m – replace 40m kerbing & reseal parking lane.
East Terrace, Port Wakefield – from Burra Street to Gibbon Street – 290m – reseal.
Wakefield Street, Port Wakefield – from Edward Street to Burra Street – 150m – reseal.
Wakefield Street, Blyth – from Harley Terrace to School – 300m – reseal.
Guildford Street, Blyth – from August Street to Burney Street – 150m – reseal.
Park Terrace, Snowtown – from Railway Terrace East to Adelaide Road– 190m – reseal.
Glen Davidson Drive, Snowtown – from East Terrace to Town Limit – 420m reseal.
West Terrace, Snowtown – from Tenth Street to North terrace – 740m – Drainage works & reseal.
Smith Street, Lochiel – Cameron Street to Hugh Terrace – 300m – Reseal.
Hudson Road, Balaklava – Balaklava Road to Templeton Road – 330m – remove rail crossing structure, install kerb & watertable eastern side and reconstruct pavement. Note; drainage improvement works only, no seal treatment (carried forward as work in progress from 2013/2013).
Prior to reseals occurring preliminary works of maintenance repairs and the trimming of street vegetation will be undertaken.
Rural Sealed Roads:
Magpie Creek Road – from Pine Hill Road to Blyth Road – 4.83km – reseal.
Magpie Creek Road – from Hancock Road to Smitham Road – 1.72km – reseal.
W hiting Road – from Augusta Highway to Julge Road – 2.0km – reconstruction.
Barabba Road – from Wilson Road to Boundary Road – 2.0km – realign rail crossing and resheet.
Hoyleton Road – from Herds Hill Road to Balaklava Road – 4.0km – install drainage and reconstruct (school bus route).
McEwin Road – from Rail Corridor Road to Farmhouse – 3.3km – reconstruction.
Shadwell Gap Road – from 2500m south of Nyowie Farm to Nyowie Farm (complete section) – 0.4km – resheet.
Herds Hill Road – from Hoyleton Road to Eastern Council Boundary – 1.7km – reconstruct.
Burnsfield Road – from Barunga East Road to Barkulla Road – 3.3km – reconstruction.
Days Hill Road – from Almond Tree Road to Haddow Road – 2.1km – reconstruction (school bus route).
Gregory Road – from Owen Road to Rail Crossing – 2.4km – reconstruction.
- Wokurna Road – from Banyla to 400m East of Western Council Boundary – 1.4km – reconstruction.
- Woodlands Brae Road – from Big Dipper Road to Eastern Council Boundary – 1.8km – reconstruction.
- Boucaut Road – from Angle Grove Road to Farm Driveway – 2.7km– major resheet.
- Alma South Road – from TY Road to Branson Road – 1.8km – reconstruction.
- Inkerman Road – from Menadue Road to Korreng Road – 3.0km – major resheet.
- Racecourse Road – from Burford Road to Argyl Road – 2.4km – reconstruction (school bus route).
- Emu Road – from Owen Road to Fidge Road – 3.2km – install drainage and resheet (school bus route).
- Lake View Road – Barkulla Road to Nutts Road – 2.4km – major resheet.
- Plains Road – from Traeger Road to Zerk Road – 4.1km – rip and reform (school bus route).
- Racecourse Road – from South End of Seal to Sichem Road – 2.6km – rip and reform (school bus route).
- Workurna Road – from Barunga Top Road to Banyula – 1.9km – rip and reform.
Note: Sourcing and negotiation of localised road base rubble from adjacent property owners ensures the distances provided above are in line with and meet the budget allocation of each project for the cost effective delivery of the road construction program.
- Kybunga Top Road – Replace Golf Course Bridge (carried forward from 2012/2013).
- Almond Tree Road – culvert south of Freebairn Road – reinstate shoulders and install guard rail (carried forward from 2012/2013).
- Almond Tree Road – culvert north of Freebairn Road – extend stormwater pipes to the west, reinstate shoulders and install guard rail (carried forward from 2012/2013).
- Alma South Road – Replace bridge, south of TY Road.
- Balaklava Urban Design Master Plan – implementation of Entrance Signage.
- Port Wakefield Urban Design Master Plan – implement Historic & Interpretive Signage and Boardwalk.
- Urban Roads:
New Work 0.34km ($145,878)
Reseals 4.87km ($431,464)
Resheeting 0.60km ($26,092)
- Rural Roads:
Reseals 6.55km ($381,472)
Resheeting 39.8km ($1,796,761)
Rip and reform 8.6km ($111,800)
- Maintenance for Councils existing infrastructure:
Unsealed - $1,465,942
Sealed - $659,506