Payment of Rates
Ratepayers are able to pay their council rates either for the entire year or in four equal installments. A notice will be issued approximately one month prior to the installment date. Please note it is the ratepayers' responsibility to ensure that rate payments, including post and BPAY, reach Council by the due date.
The four installment dates for 2016/2017 are:
- 9 September 2016
- 9 December 2016
- 10 March 2017
- 9 June 2017
Rates may be paid:
- via the Council's Credit Card payment facility. Have your Bpay Reference Number handy and your VISA or Mastercard (American Express not accepted) then click pay rates online.
- by post to Council's office;
- Australia Post - in person at any post office, by phone 131 816 or by internet - go to www.postbillpay.com.au;
- by BPAY ie internet or telephone banking, using a debit or credit card, please contact your bank for detail;
- in person, at the Council office during the hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays).
Alternatively a pocket-sized Rates Payment Card is available. Rather than having to carry your rates notice you simply present the card at your local post office. Please call our Customer Service staff to request a Rates Payment Card by phoning 8862 0800 or email email@example.com.
Any ratepayer who may, or is likely to, experience difficulty with meeting the standard payment arrangements is invited to contact the Council office on 8862 0800 to discuss alternative payment arrangements. Such enquiries are treated confidentially by the Council.